Want to custom design your own engagement ring without having to work on it from scratch? If you have an heirloom diamond but want a new setting for it, then there are quite a few choices available; think semi mount engagement rings!
Have you been wondering how to add a special touch to one of the most special days of your life – your engagement? Sparkling semi mount engagement rings are the best option for those who want to give their engagement ring a personal touch but do not have the time to work on it from the beginning. A semi mount ring is incomplete; though the rest of the settings and details are complete, yes, the center stone is missing. According to the budget on hand, you may like to choose a precious or semi-precious stone for setting in the groove of the semi mount engagement ring shortlisted by you. If your choice is diamond, then again, you have the flexibility to choose the color, carat, cut and shape that fits your budget.
So, there are plenty of choices on the cards for that special engagement ring of your dreams; here, we help you find something close.
Personalize Your Engagement Ring
Simple and elegant or intricate and dazzling? These days, semi mountings are available in white gold, yellow gold and platinum. Depending on your choice of mounting, the center stone can be highlighted to showcase its beauty. If you have a specific cut of the diamond in mind, then look for an ornate mounting that would go with it. However, if the style of your engagement ring is more important than the stone, then first look for a semi mount engagement ring and then for a stone to match it. Either ways, it is entirely your choice or preference that matters. If you choose the setting of your engagement ring wisely and perfectly, you can make any diamond look beautiful.
What’s more? Getting involved in designing your own engagement ring shows the commitment and love for the woman of your life. So, once you have decided upon the budget, choice of stone, its setting, and the other determinants that may influence your purchases, just get down to the act.
Things to Consider While Buying a Semi Mount Engagement Ring
- While buying a semi mount engagement ring for your fiancé, always keep in mind her fashion choices, personality and lifestyle. If she is athletic, then you may like to invest in a semi mount ring with smaller stones that will go with her sports attire and keep the concerns of losing a big gem away. On the other hand, if she is in a high profile job, then she may want something that is bigger and more expensive to flaunt.
- Yellow tone or white tone! The band material of the ring also plays an important role. Apart from her preferred choice, your budget would be a deciding factor.
- After a big proposal you surely don’t want to send the ring back to the jeweler for re-sizing. It would be a good idea to first confirm the size of the ring and then place the order, rather than rushing with your order only to find that you have a too large or too small a ring on hand.
- Does she prefer precious or semi-precious gemstones? What is her preferred color in gemstones? Knowing this in advance would make life easier while creating your own semi mount engagement ring. If you want to keep it a secret, then it is a good idea to ask for inputs from family and friends.
- Budget! That’s the most important part, right? How much would you like While selecting the diamond for the semi mount ring, make sure the diamond has a certification for all the 4 C’s – cut, clarity, color and carat weight. Also, strive to make sure that the diamond you choose complements the setting of the semi mount ring so that the chosen piece gives off a brilliant sparkle across your soul mate’s life time.e to spend on your engagement ring? Once you have done your homework by considering all the above mentioned criteria, it is time to sit with your jeweler and decide on what is available within your budget.
- Since, buying a semi mount engagement ring is going to be your first major and valuable investment, you should consider insuring it against theft, and damage. Always buy jewellery from a jeweler who offers warranty, this ring too!
- While selecting the diamond for the semi mount ring, make sure the diamond has a certification for all the 4 C’s – cut, clarity, color and carat weight. Also, strive to make sure that the diamond you choose complements the setting of the semi mount ring so that the chosen piece gives off a brilliant sparkle across your soul mate’s life time.
Create an Illusion!
There are various ways of making your semi mount engagement ring look bigger without spending extra cash! Want to know how? A well cut diamond with proper angles and facets catches the light in such a way that the stone looks bigger. That is why, the cut is important. The diamond to prong ratio is important too. So, set your diamond in slender prongs and the stone automatically looks bigger. If you plan to choose a band with bright white metal, then, the image of the stone will be reflected in the metal, thereby making the diamond look bigger. Choose accordingly.
Put smaller diamonds to flush around the diamond that is set in the center; the expanded halo will make the main setting appear larger than it really is. Yes, these side stones on your ring will make the ring look and feel like a big piece of jewelry, go for it.
Maintenance of your Semi Mount Engagement Ring
- Clean you semi mount engagement ring with warm water and then completely dry it with a lint free cloth. Use only a jewelry polishing cloth to bring back the shine on your ring.
- Remove your ring before you go swimming or to a spa, or else the chlorine in the pool will discolor the diamond on your ring.
- Avoid manual labor while wearing the ring, or a strong blow could chip the diamond.
- Do not expose your engagement ring to chemicals or cleaning fluids, they will damage the stones set on the same.
- Store your precious engagement ring in a soft pouch or a ring box, else it will get damaged by other jewelry pieces.
These few tips for cleaning and storing your diamond engagement rings can go a long way in maintaining its brilliance and sparkle. Keeping all of the above things in mind, you may like to take the help of family, friends or a jeweler for creating that special engagement ring. Designing the ring of her dreams will not be that difficult if you choose a semi mount engagement ring, where more than half the job is already done.