Gemstones are the most beautiful and precious of all natural resources. They are so abundant that they have been used to adorn our bodies for centuries. The history of gemstones has been traced back to about 50 million years ago when a sea creature known as trilobites began to use them to decorate their shells.
The stones come in many different shapes and sizes, but all are made up of the same chemical elements: carbon, sulfur, oxygen, nitrogen, and phosphorous. Each one is formed from certain combinations of these elements arranged in specific patterns. They come in a wide range of colors including clear, white, yellow, orange, and red.
Some stones have more than one color which can create an array of vibrant hues or an array of different shades depending on how many times light passes through them before it reaches your eye! Here are the types of gemstones and their meanings.
More On Gemstones
They can be as small as a grain of rice or as big as a baseball, but they all have one thing in common: they’re all made of natural materials. There are three main types of gemstones: mineral stones such as quartz or amethyst; synthetic stones such as glass; and ornamental stones such as pearls or coral which are formed by living creatures such as oysters or corals!
Each stone, for example, a gemstone diamond earring has its own unique properties, including color, hardness, luster, size, and texture. The meaning behind each stone is based on its origin and history. There are many different cultures throughout the world that believe in certain meanings for certain stones; these meanings can be anything from love to fertility or even death.
An Overview of Each Gemstone and Its Meaning
The meanings behind each stone are as varied as they are colorful. From love to friendship, to stones for good luck and even money-saving tips—the list goes on. If you are looking for meaning, each one will give you a different one. The best thing is that, for example, if you have on for good luck, you’ll wear your good luck all the time regardless of where you are going.
You also don’t need to wear the stone all the time, at times, just having them in possession is enough to get you the desired effects. For example, if you are looking to get some luck in your business, you can have a good luck one stored somewhere on your premises.
Here are some of the stones and their meaning:-
- Amethyst – This stone was used long ago by royalty as a symbol of wealth because it has purple coloring which makes it look like expensive purple velvet. It is said to be a good luck stone when worn around the neck or wrist because it helps protect against illness and gives courage during dark times. Amethyst was also used as a gift between lovers who wanted to show their affection for one another.
This can be the perfect gift for a loved one if you are also looking to bless them with some good luck. The allure of purple also ensures they can enjoy the gift more.
- Aquamarine – Aquamarine is known for giving protection from negative energy and bringing good fortune into your life! Wear one around your neck or carry one in your pocket while walking around town—they’ll help keep bad vibes away from you when needed most!
- Ruby – This is the red variety of corundum (a more general category that includes ruby, sapphire, and emerald). It is associated with love, passion, and energy; however, it can also be used to calm the mind and promote inner peace.
With anxiety and depression being on a rampage, this is the kind of stone you want to have around you to sail through tough waters.
- Emerald – These stones are green with a range of colors from yellowish-green to blue-green. They are said to bring good fortune in love and money matters as well as help prevent accidents or mishaps during travel.
This stone is more of a business and relationship stone. It isn’t easy to find a stone that covers these two dynamic fields, and this is what makes the gem as unique as it is.
- Sapphire – They come in a range of colors from light blue to dark red-brown. They are believed to be some of the best good luck crystals in love; however, they can also bring bad luck if handled carelessly or if someone else was wearing them at the time of death or accident.
A stone that has two sides depending on how you handle it, sapphire proves to be valuable and complicated. But that’s the allure it carries around through
- Topaz – or topazolite is an orange-yellow stone that can be found in both synthetic and natural forms. It is said to bring good luck and good fortune to those who wear it. This is one of the top crystals for luck and success if you are ever looking for one.
When you are looking to buy lucky stones, topaz should be at the top of your list.
- Citrine – or citrineolite is a yellowish-green crystal that can also be found in both synthetic and natural forms. It is believed to bring happiness into your life by bringing more light into dark situations as well as providing support during times of stress or grief.
When you are grieving, you want to find something you can hold on to and this stone offers you just that. Forget about leaning on people who can’t be depended on, this stone can help you push through.
General Overview of Gemstones Different Meanings
- Clear stones represent truth and honesty.
- Darker stones represent wisdom and knowledge.
- Mixed colors represent luck and abundance.
- Red-orange stones represent passion and love.
- Green stones represent growth and prosperity.
Gemstones are beautiful and they have a lot of different meanings. Gemstones can be used in jewelry, to make special rings, or even as an ornament for your home. Most of them have different meanings as you have seen above. You need to get the right one depending on what exactly you are looking at the gem for. Being empowered to know exactly what you’re getting ensures you get exactly the stone you need.