Earrings in one form or another, have been a part of mankind for many years. They are the most popular form of jewelry which is worn with pride by every woman around. More precisely, diamond stud earrings have become a lasting fashion trend during the 19th century and have become a classic fashion staple ever since.
Nowadays, diamond stud earrings are worn by both men and women that offer a unique yet striking addition to all outfits and are apt for a wide variety of occasions. With so many designs to choose from, we understand that shopping for gemstone diamond earrings can sometimes be overwhelming. So you don’t have to worry about it, we are here to help you find your dream pair of gemstone earrings to suit your style and taste.
Read on to see our step-by-step guide on how to choose a perfect pair of gemstone diamond earrings you’ll love.
How to choose your diamond shape?
A diamond shape is how the diamond has been cut into. It has a large impact on the overall style of your diamond stud earrings. Generally, we suggest picking your diamond shape first before thinking about the other factors. So how to choose your diamond shape? You must consider the three things when searching for the perfect diamond shape i.e brilliance, style, and face shape.
Every diamond shape has its unique style. So if you are not sure that which shape’s style would be perfect for you, check out our below style notes on various shapes:
- Round: Round is the most common diamond shape. The round brilliant cut diamonds are always loved for their timeless appearance and high brilliance.
- Princess: Princess cut diamonds are square, featuring sharp lines with exceptional sparkle and a modern look. So if you want an edgier look, it is a good choice for you.
- Cushion: Cushion cut diamonds are defined by their sleek, vintage settings and their soft, romantic light performance.
- Emerald and Asscher: They both offer a vintage style and boost the angled cuts and rigid edges that look elegant and glamorous.
- Oval: Oval-shaped diamonds are growing in popularity because of their unique, chic, and timeless vibe. They add a more feminine look to any outfit.
- For those who want to make a splash, then you can go with heart-shaped, pear-shaped, and marquise cut diamonds. Due to their unique style, these are reserved for people who are more daring and adventurous types.
Consider diamond quality
Diamond quality is another important thing to consider when buying diamond stud earrings. The 4Cs are the universal method of determining a diamond’s quality. This will help you to get the best value for your diamond earrings.
Let’s take a short course in the 4Cs:
1. Color: Every angle and surface of a diamond reflects like its own tiny mirror. It will pick up the color of any metal it is set in, your hair, your skin, and anything near it. All of these things will impact the color of the diamond. Hence, paying for an expensive colorless diamond is not that important. You can save your money by selecting a diamond that is lower on the D-to-Z color scale.
2. Clarity: Clarity is generally higher on the priority list if you’re buying an engagement ring as compared to diamond stud earrings. Higher the clarity, the fewer imperfections, and inclusions. You can go for lower clarity value to save your money and this will enable you to spend a little extra on the other Cs.
3. Cut: Obviously, you must want your diamond earrings to have maximum sparkle and look more eye-catching. A brilliant-cut facet setting will give more sparkle, so go for a diamond that has this cutting style. If you go with brilliant diamond studs, ensure that diamond must have either very good or excellent cut grades from GIA.
4. Carat weight: Diamond stud earrings are all about to make an unforgettable impression. So if you can afford it, you should purchase diamonds of 0.50 carat or larger. But remember just to get a higher carat weight don’t skimp on the cost of an expertly cut diamond. A poor cut diamond will not give much sparkle, even if it is bigger. It will look dull. People who don’t want to go over their budget and want to buy cheap diamond earrings can go for 0.10 to 0.25 carats.
How to choose the diamond stud setting?
The setting of diamond stud earrings will depend on what style you have chosen, and what shape and cut of stone you have decided on. Following are some diamond setting which you can consider:
- Four-Prong Setting: A four-prong setting offers a timeless and elegant appeal. They also maximize the size of a diamond because they cover a very less amount of diamond surface. It’s a perfect setting for cushion cut and princess cut diamonds.
- Three-Prong Martini Setting: As the name says, the martini setting has a shape of a martini glass that allows the diamond to set closer to the earlobe. Three prong settings are built to fit the diamond perfectly which creates a flush setting.
- Halo setting: Hallo settings feature smaller diamonds that surround the center diamonds. They add brilliance to your diamond stud earrings and also give the impression that the center diamond is a bit larger than it actually is.
- Bezel setting: The bezel setting has a sleek, fine, and modern look which is adored by all people, and it is secure as well. It holds your center diamond very securely and offers excellent protection against drops and bumps.
Choose your precious gemstone metal
As if you have selected the shape and set of diamond stud earrings, now it’s time to select your choice of precious gemstone metal. Check out our below mentioned four precious metal options:
1. Yellow gold: Yellow gold is the most traditional metal which is loved for its timeless look. It tends to be more pleasing to people who have a warm skin undertone.
2. Rose gold: It is a rosy precious metal and is loved for its highly romantic appearance. Rose gold metal is appropriate for people with neutral and warm skin undertones.
3. White gold: White gold is at once modern and classic, and is loved for its sophisticated look. It goes well on people with cool skin tones as this precious metal is cool in tone.
4. Platinum: Platinum looks like white gold but has different practical advantages. Just like white gold, platinum also tends to be most flattering on people having cool skin tones. However platinum is much more durable and harder than white gold. It’s a hypoallergenic metal so if you have any metal allergies, it’s an excellent choice.
We hope this guide has helped you to choose your perfect gemstone diamond earrings.
So are you ready to find your dream house diamond stud earrings? Shop our wide collection of gemstone diamond earrings at the dazzling rock! We will be happy to serve you. Book your appointments now!